India Smart Cities Fellowship2022 Scientists can apply for the Tata Innovation Fellowship Program. The chosen scientists will receive financial support through this initiative to finish their research. The fellowship programme has a three-year initial term. A further two years can be added to the duration. Only five scientists will be chosen for the programme each year. This initiative will honour and reward the creative researchers who come up with answers to pressing issues in life science and biotechnology-related fields such as healthcare, agriculture, the environment, and other related fields.
India Smart Cities Fellowship2022
The applications to the fellowship were invited every year. The development of smart cities is a step in the attempt to create an urban ecosystem that represents a comprehensive development of institutional physical, social and economic infrastructure to improve living and attract people to invest in urban areas. In this article today, we are going to provide you with further details related to the India Smart Cities Fellowship like eligibility criteria, benefits, selection process, last date to apply, documents required, the application process, and much more. So, so readers are requested to read till last to get the complete information about the fellowship program.
Advantages of India Smart Cities Fellowship
There will be three distinct advantages of India smart cities scholarships which are given below:
- Smart cities fellows would work as part of teams which would faster and deeper understanding among all participants in the learning ecosystem.
- The fellowship provides an excellent opportunity to engage with the government on India’s challenges, needs and opportunities.
- The work done by fellows would be documented and disseminated into the Urban Sector to encourage and enable scaling and replication.
A consolidated amount of Rs- 60,000 per month per fellow will be paid to selected smart cities fellows. Reimbursement for hotel accommodation up to Rs-1,500 per day and a consolidated amount of Rs- 350 per day for travel within the city and food bills shall be allowed during domestic tours.
India Smart Cities Fellowship2022: Awards of Fellowship
A certificate regarding successful completion of Fellowship shall be issued by the Mission Director, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India. In case a person leaves before completion of the contract period they will not get any work certificate.
Work Experience Required for India Smart Cities Fellowship
The preference will be given to the person having work experience in the relevant field supported by published work/policy papers/ appraisal/ monitoring of projects and schemes.
Age Limit Required for India Smart Cities Fellowship
The applicant who wants to apply under the India Smart Cities fellowship would not be more than 35 years as of the last date of receiving the applications.
Role Description and Responsibilities of Fellows
- The India Smart Cities Fellow will be engaged in city-specific projects, through the Smart City special purpose vehicles to provide solutions to city-specific issues.
- The fellows would be based out of Delhi for the first five months and out of a smart City for the rest of the months.
- During their initial stay in Delhi, the fellows will be involved in project ideation, workshops, and review meetings. They will subsequently relocate to a smart City for the project and pilot.
- The smart cities fellow will also provide the necessary support to the Mission Director, SCM or CEOs of selected smart cities in terms of analytics, research documentation, independent assessment, visualization or any other related activities including reports, posters, dossiers, etc.
- They will submit the following documents on the activities carried out by them in the form of:
- Monthly progress report
- Quarterly progress presentation
- Midterm progress presentation
- Annual progress presentation
- Project report
- Compendium report
- Individual report
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to work on ICT applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exposure to Data Analytics would be an added strength of the candidate.
Eligibility Criteria for India Smart Cities Fellowship
The Graduate having first division or minimum 60% marks or Postgraduate with first division or minimum 60% marks from premier institutions or Universities are eligible for India smart cities fellowship.
The candidates to be considered for the fellowship should be from an Institution of repute in the following fields, but not limited to:
- Urban planning
- Urban design
- Engineering and infrastructure
- Information and technology
- Data science
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Data governance
- Urban mobility
- Social development
- Climate resilience
- Disaster management
- Urban competitiveness
Procedure for Application Under India Smart Cities Fellowship (ISCF) 2022
- The application will be invited in a prescribed format online from the webpage.
- This application will be open for the public upto 45 days.
- The applications will undergo the necessary Security Check for deduplication and in eligibility and will be marked based on pre-decided criteria for educational qualification, prior research experience, and work experience, provided along with the statement of purpose and concept proposal requested in the online application.
- The final selection of candidates will be done through a personal interview.
- Open the official website of the fellowship program.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now on the home page, you will find the ISCF Result option, click on it.
- A new page will open on the screen. The page will be in a PDF form having all the details of the selected applicants for the scholarship program.
- Check your name in the details or click on download option to directly download it